How to get the opportunity to live, work or study in Latvia
How to get a residence permit in Lavia
A residence permit is necessary if a foreigner wants to stay in Latvia for more than 90 days. At the same time, he has the right to live, study and work in the country for 5 years, after which an extension of the residence permit is required.
A residence permit is given if immovable property (no more than two objects) is purchased for more than 250,000 EUR in Riga, Jurmala, or in the towns of Adazi, Babite, Baldone, Carnikava, Garkalne, Ikskile, Kekava, Marupe, Olaine, Ropaži, Salaspils, Saulkrasti or Stopini.
The cadastral value of the property should not be lower than 80 000 EUR.
Mandatory conditions for obtaining a residence permit
- real estate hasn`t tax arrears
- full payment made by bank transfer
- real estate has purchased from an individual holding a valid residence permit in the Republic of Latvia or from a legal company which is taxpayer in LR
- upon the initial request for a residence permit, 5% of the value of the property was paid to the state budget
- agricultural land or forest is not part of the property